My custody and support order is from Alabama, Do I need to transfer it to Texas when I move?

When you move from one state to another, especially if you have a custody and support order from the previous state, it's generally a good idea to register or transfer that order to the new state where you'll be residing. This helps ensure that the order remains enforceable and can be recognized by courts and authorities in your new location.

In your case, if you have a custody and support order from Alabama and you're moving to Texas, you may want to register the order with the appropriate court in Texas. This typically involves filing certain paperwork and providing documentation to the Texas court to request recognition and enforcement of the Alabama order.

By registering the order in Texas, you can ensure that it remains valid and enforceable in your new state of residence. It also allows you to address any modifications or enforcement issues that may arise in the future within the Texas court system.

It's recommended to consult with a family law attorney in Texas who can guide you through the process of registering your custody and support order from Alabama in Texas and ensure that your rights and obligations are properly addressed under Texas law.

Related Posts
  • In Texas, Does the Non-Custodial parent need to be made aware of child getting a visa? Read More
  • My son is 16, has a job and his own car. Can I still force him to visit his mother? Read More
  • What legal remedies do I have in Texas if my son is unhappy when visiting my ex? Read More